Town planning is required for multi unit developments, or single dwellings that are on land sizes under 300m² or in some municipalities under 500m² or in some cases where a single dwelling may be affected by certain overlays, i.e. heritage or special building overlay (flooding) . The objective of this stage is to attain planning approval from the relevant council for the proposed project. This usually involves some kind of advertising, i.e.. a public notice advertisement in the local newspaper and notification to the adjoining neighbours. Usually a site analysis is prepaired which identifies all of the adjoining and surrounding properties in an aerial format, and shadow diagrams are provided, apart from the plans, elevations and sometimes sections that are provided.


Building permit documentation or working drawings (construction drawings) which are usually referred to in the industry, are prepared in view to obtain a building permit for the proposed project. the drawings must comply with the relevant building regulations and Australian standards. Furthermore, the drawings are also used, in conjunction with other consultant documentation, i.e. geotechnical, civil and structural drawings, land surveyor, energy reports to obtain an estimate or quotation from a builder to construct your project.


Various other specialised consultants are used on a proposed project, i.e. geotechnical, civil and structural engineer’s land surveyor, landscaped architects, building surveyor, energy (acoustic) engineer’s. We can organise a consultants that are used on a particular project and submitted for your approval before any work is carried out.


We can also assist you in selecting a builder, and there performance during construction, i.e. checking that construction is being carried out in accordance with the building contract (which is usually prepared by the nominated builder) and all of the buliding construction documentation which form part of the building permit, in other words preform the duty of a site supervisor.